Listen to the Episode Below:
Julie Jakopic has seen leaders succeed—and fail—through multiple sectors, organizations, and industries. In this interview, we explore the main reasons they fail, how that can impact your business growth, and how you can become a better leader … even if right now, you’re only leading yourself.
- Shrink or grow—and why you need to fire your $350.00/hour assistant (you!).
- How business owners can become better business leaders—even if they are only leading themselves (or a small team)
- Ways that being a controlling, people-pleasing diva take you off focus, and prevent you from building the business you want to have
- Techniques for becoming “more intentional” in your approach to your business and how you spend your time
- How business owners ignore the dollar value of their time
- The risks of letting go of being the “First National Bank of Julie”
Julie Jakopic has never neatly fit in a box. Why? As she puts it:
“I couldn’t, or wouldn’t, decide which box. I was an actor, a synchronized swimmer, and president of the world affairs club in high school. Welcome in all three, but always a little outside because I belonged somewhere else. Likewise, as an adult, I’ve been able to lead in organizations in the non-profit sector, the public sector, and the corporate sector around issues from cosmetics to energy efficiency to human services … bringing the best of one sector to bear in another, and I understand the crazy pervasive things that cross them all. My commitment to better leadership drives me to help leaders lead better – in their career and in their personal lives. So they can create workplaces that work for the people who work there, outstanding results for customers, and real impact in the world.”
- “We are the people we’ve been waiting for.” ~ Alice Walker
- “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford
Be sure to review us on iTunes!
Go here to get new episodes of Business Breakthrough delivered right to your inbox!