Listen to the Episode Below:
Marketing may have the sex appeal, but finance is where the rubber meets the road when it comes to growing your business. The hard numbers can tell where you’re succeeding, where you could put in a little more work, and where you’re hemorrhaging and should let go of what’s not working. But what happens when the numbers are coming too hard or too fast … and you’re not quite sure what they’re trying to tell you?
Listen in as my guest today, Linda Hamilton, recommends using what she calls a “dashboard” to help you help you set realistic KPIs (“What’s that?” you ask. Check out the podcast!) and benchmarks for your business. Business owners often make the mistake of measuring the wrong thing, reading the wrong numbers, and sending their business into a spiral that can take a minute to fix. So pay attention to the right numbers that will bring you the growth you want. Tune in now, and you’ll start feeling the confidence in your own financial intelligence really skyrocket!
- How small businesses can achieve the greatest transformation
- What should be included on a business dashboard?
- What are some of the non-financial indicators for service businesses to monitor if they want to grow and scale?
- Making toast, and identifying the “cycle of customer interaction”
- What are some of the platforms and technology dashboards that can help small businesses measure progress?
- How do you know what to measure and how to avoid measuring the wrong things
- Using advisors to get clear on your business plan
Linda Hamilton is the founder, president and CEO of a boutique accounting firm in NYC that helps businesses with growth and profit strategies. In addition to tax services, the firm provides remote CFO/Controller services, strategic business advisory services such as financial reviews and goal setting, KPIs and benchmarking, and business coaching. Linda specializes in helping businesses and nonprofits unlock the financial intelligence and big data locked in their accounting files. She helps her clients learn how to develop and monitor key performance measures. In addition to her many certifications, she has been treasurer of the New York Women’s Agenda for the past 4 years. She also serves on the advisory boards of the Women Presidents’ Organization (WPO) and Enterprising Women.
- “My day should end when I am tired not when I am done. I am never done. There is always more to be done, more that should be done, always more that can be done.” ~ Andy Grove
- Favorite motivational blog: addicted2success.com
- Linda Hamilton’s website
- Linda’s Facebook page
- Follow Linda on Twitter
- Linda on LinkedIn
- Tom Wujec’s TED talk on “making toast” and tackling big business problems
- Download Linda’s favorite dashboard planning app at www.LivePlan.com
- Xero is another of Linda’s favorite planning apps
- Visit www.GetApp.com for a full list of business applications and solutions
Be sure to review us on iTunes!
Go here to get new episodes of Business Breakthrough delivered right to your inbox!