Listen to the Episode Below:
For thousands of years, people believed the Greek astronomer Ptolemy, who said the Sun revolved around the Earth. “That’s the only way it can be done” they thought. Until Copernicus came out in 1543 and said, “No, the Earth revolves around the Sun … that’s how our solar system works.”
How does your business function? Are you the Earth around whom all things revolve?
In this interview, Rick Raymond explores how to make that shift away from being the “center of the universe”—an owner-centric model—and toward one that gives you greater freedom.
Why Being Owner-Centric Is Bad for Your Business
- When you know it’s time to shift to a management-centric model (instead of a model that revolves around you)?
- What’s involved in making the shift … and why each step matters
- How long it takes to get past the “gravitational pull” of the old way
- The kind of team that provides rocket fuel for making the change
Rick Raymond is founder of The Growth Team / The Family Business Leadership™, a multidisciplinary management firm providing coaching, consulting, training and education to privately held businesses and family enterprises.
Since 1996 Rick has helped hundreds of business owners establish procedures, practices and leadership in areas of organizational structure, fiscal management, business operational systems, marketing, sales and team development. Rick is also an expert and a Zicklin School of Business professor on family enterprises.
Words of Wisdom
- Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. ~ Steve Jobs
Learn more about Rick Raymond
Be sure to review us on iTunes!
Can’t listen in every week? Get the Executive Summary for each Cash Out BIG podcast delivered right to your inbox!