3 Things Successful Business Owners Get Right. Discover how to get out of the weeds so your business can grow!
Listen to the Episode Below:
Sales are the lifeblood of every service business, yet “feast or famine” syndrome seems to plague so many of them. Your business needs a system not only for getting new clients, but also for keeping the ones you already have. Why is it so tough to get off the income roller coaster, where one month you’re hustling for work, and the next you’re so busy that you don’t have time to keep your pipeline running?
Today’s guest, Dan Englander, is an expert on account management. He points out the flaws most businesses make in their client retention processes—and how to fix them, so that clients keep coming back and revenue keeps flowing.
Are You on the Grind…?
- Have a plan to follow up after your initial project. This might include a scheduled debriefing call, a list of opportunities and options that you can bring to the table, or an introduction to others in your circle so clients can get services you don’t offer.
- Look for “compensation” other than ongoing work. Clients could provide case studies, testimonials, or market research feedback.
- Find ways to upsell. Don’t get caught in the trap of thinking that if a client does not want to repurchase your main product or service, all hope is lost. Learn more about their existing needs and go from there.
- Let go of the struggle. If the sales process is constantly an uphill battle, this could be a sign that the client is not the best fit. Rather, focus on the clients or industries that are more likely to be a good–and profitable–use of your time.
- Balance your time between clients and prospects. How? Eliminate the unnecessary. Building a firm but flexible schedule for handling tasks. Use tools to help you stay on track. This allows you to tackle the urgent work, while still keeping pipeline flow on your radar (and on your priority list).
Dan has a clear-cut vision on putting together systems that work with clients. If you want to do the same, make sure you block out time to listen to Cash Out BIG.
Dan Englander is a New York-based entrepreneur and consultant. He is the founder of Sales Schema, where he helps salespeople, business owners, and account managers win new customers and grow their existing accounts. He’s the author of Mastering Account Management and The B2B Sales Blueprint.
“Use courage and wisdom, not labor, to make money.” -Nassim Taleb
Learn More About Dan Englander:
Be sure to review us on iTunes!
Can’t listen every week? Get the Executive Summary for each Cash Out BIG podcast delivered right to your inbox.