Listen to the Episode Below:
Since her early days in business, serial entrepreneur-turned-corporate turnaround expert Dawn Fotopulos understands numbers. And how small business owners deceive themselves when it comes to this part of growing and scaling their business. In this interview, we explore how to avoid the “so big, how could you not see it?” mistakes and cut your chances of small business failure in half.
- The biggest mistakes small business owners make
- Why simply having more customers does not make your business more profitable.
- How to understand the story your financials are telling you
- Why small business failure rates are escalating (and what you can do to make sure you’re not part of that trend!)
Dawn Fotopulos is the associate professor of business at The King’s College, the founder of BestSmallBizHelp.com and author of the acclaimed Accounting for the Numberphobic: A Survival Guide for Small Business Owners. As an experienced entrepreneur and small-business turnaround expert she has rescued hundreds of small business from financial disaster. An expert in her field, she has been featured on MSNBC’s “Your Business,” at the New York Times Small Business Summit and in Forbes.com. She loves to zip line and hang glide in her spare time.
“Refuse to be average. Let your heart soar as high as it will.” ~ A.W. Tozer
- #knowyournumbers — @dfotopulos
Be sure to review us on iTunes!