3 Things Successful Business Owners Get Right. Discover how to get out of the weeds so your business can grow!
Listen to the Episode Below:
For most service business owners, when your brand is all about you, it’s not scalable. Clients keep asking for YOU. Employees keep running to YOU. Vendors rely on YOU. But if you’ve already started down the path where you and your business are synonymous, can you ever double-back and take a different route?
Yes, says brand strategist Maria Ross. In this interview, she lays out her 4-step process for translating your personal brand (what YOU are known for) into the “company’s” brand (what your company becomes known for) … and in a way that’s smooth and congruent with your current reputation.
Expanding From Personal to Company Brand
- The 4-step process for setting up a brand that can live on without you
- Ways to parlay a personal brand into a company brand
- Steps to distilling what people want about “you” and translating that into what your company offers
- How thinking about your company brand affects how you work with partners, vendors, employees, etc.
- How (and why) to develop a “brand guide”
Maria Ross is a brand strategist, author and speaker who believes cash flow and creativity are not mutually exclusive. As creator of Red Slice, she advises startups, entrepreneurs and small to midsized businesses on how to craft irresistible brands. Maria is the author of Branding Basics for Small Business: How to Create an Irresistible Brand on Any Budget, now in its 2nd edition, and her personal memoir, Rebooting My Brain. A dynamic speaker, she has delighted audiences worldwide and has appeared in numerous media outlets, including MSNBC, ABC News, The Huffington Post, Forbes.com, NPR and Entrepreneur Magazine. Maria lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband, baby boy and their precocious Black Lab mix. When she’s not helping others build irresistible brands, she loves Crossfit, wine tasting, acting, indie films, crime dramas and trivia games.
Words of Wisdom
- “Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you’ll be criticized anyway. You’ll be damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Learn More about Maria Ross
Be sure to review us on iTunes!
Can’t listen in every week? Get the Executive Summary for each Cash Out BIG podcast delivered right to your inbox!