Listen to the Episode Below:
Entrepreneurs have this “loveable hubris,” where they think they have their whole lives to build and scale their business. But what happens if something unexpected knocks you off your game? Do you have an “engine room” that can keep the wheels humming in your absence?
In this interview, Tim Francis discusses the personal crisis that became his “aha” moment for scaling his own marketing company, and how he got past the cycle of putting out fires by creating the systems that allow him to own multiple businesses without burning out.
Set the Rules and Get Outta the Way
- The personal crisis that pushed Tim toward a scalable model for his marketing company
- How he developed the concept of a company “Engine Room”
- How you can pick the players, set the rules, explain how to win … and get the [bleep] out of the way
- Empowering a team with clear definitions of “done”
- The “kaizen” (continuous improvement) approach to reviewing your results
- Why you want to stay on shore while you watch your “ship” go
Tim Francis is an award-winning entrepreneur from Canada, and the founder of ProftFactory.com. He’s a graduate of the University of Alberta, is Worldwide Kolbe-Certified, and a Certified Scrum Product Owner. He’s a sought-after consultant and speaker in entrepreneurship, marketing, and systems. Tim’s been a guest lecturer at NYU in New York City, at the University of Alberta in Canada, and has been a Masterclass teacher on Mixergy.
Words of Wisdom
- “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Learn More about Tim Francis
Be sure to review us on iTunes!
Can’t listen in every week? Get the Executive Summary for each Cash Out BIG podcast delivered right to your inbox!